Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
How Threatening is Black Mold Growth?
Homeowners are often ill-prepared to manage mold colonization that can develop quickly in moist environments. Black mold growth can be an alarming sight that works quickly to deteriorate organic matter as the colonies feed. Removing active threats should begin as soon as possible, making it vital to contact our professional Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) at the onset of damages.
Is Mold Remediation Necessary?
If you see mold damage in your home, then some degree of remediation, removal, and repair is necessary. The level of these processes needed often gets determined by the inspection process conducted by our mold specialists. Because mold can cause health effects, our remediation technicians must begin immediately helping with:
- bathroom mold removal
- mold specialists
- black mold
- attic mold
- Mold remediation
- basement mold remediation
Black Mold Removal from Your Bathroom
Despite how threatening that black mold might appear, there are hundreds of types of residential fungal and microbial organisms that could develop in a moist bathroom. Our SERVPRO professionals have leading remediation strategies, including equipment for dry ice blasting and surface sanding, eliminating the need for tear-out.
Can SERVPRO Do Repairs After Attic Mold?
Our general contracting license allows for vital services like controlled demolition, plumbing repairs, and board-up/tarping to occur. With a roof being a vulnerable point for water penetration, repairs to this area can help reduce recurrences while our professionals remove mold and its hazardous effects on the rest of the structure.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (718) 522-4400
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Northwest Brooklyn?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (718) 522-4400
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Northwest Brooklyn is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Brooklyn community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities: