How do you know if you have mold?
One of the most telltale signs of mold damage anywhere is a smelly odor.
It’s unpleasant by itself, but this kind of smelly odor takes on a very musty scent. Anyone who notices a smelly odor like this at home or at work should go ahead with deodorization to make the smell more pleasant, but the smelly odor can’t be ignored with the constant use of deodorization. It’s a sign professional help is needed. Deodorization isn’t something that can be used for purposes other than to cover up the smell. It’s not going to get rid of the problem. Homeowners often forget that deodorization doesn’t get rid of mold or other mildew. It only covers it up and allows people to live a bit more comfortably while they ignore the real problem.
Smelly odor, mildew, fungus, and any high levels of humidity combined with a leak anywhere is a sign it’s time to get a remediation company into the home or office to handle what’s going on with everything. It’s never a good idea to ignore these signs.
One way to ensure mold is handled properly at home or work is to ensure it’s taken care of the right way from start to finish. People might not like the idea of handling mold at home with professionals, but it’s the best way to guarantee it’s handled accordingly and without issue. No one wants to find it’s coming back and spreading rapidly when it’s not handled correctly the first time.
Visit http://www.SERVPROnorthwestbrooklyn.com for more information on mold damage.