5 Tips for Dealing With a Minor Burn
The workplace is full of unexpected twists. Small fires may break out or employees may get burned using kitchen appliances. No matter what caused a workplace burn in Brooklyn, NY, you likely want to address it as quickly as possible. Calling in a commercial fire remediation team to assess any fire damage done to the building can be a huge help to the situation. For minor burns to an employee, consider these helpful tips.
1. Provide pain relief. Burns can be painful. Ibuprofen or acetaminophen may help relieve some of the hurt. A cool compress or cold running water over the affected area can also help alleviate pain and may reduce swelling.
2. Remove tight items. Part of burn first aid is knowing that this injury can cause areas to swell. If the injured person is wearing rings or a tight bracelet near the damaged skin, it may be beneficial to remove the objects before the swelling kicks in.
3. Avoid causing more damage. After fire damage at work, burn victims with minor injuries may be tempted to pop blisters. However, this skin actual acts as a protective layer against infection. If you want to avoid causing more damage, try to keep these blisters intact.
4. Protect the burn. Another major part of first aid is protecting the injured area. You can do this by applying antibiotic ointment, aloe vera lotion and bandages.
5. Seek medical attention. Even though the burn has been deemed minor, it is still a good idea to have all employees see a doctor or nurse to assess the injury. This can help you make sure everyone's burns are properly taken care of.
Commercial fires can be serious problems. Whether people are hurt or the building is damaged, you want to start the healing process as quickly as possible. Getting the fire damage assessed right away may make it easier for you to get your company back up and running.
For more on Brooklyn click here.