Fire Damage Fallout in a Brooklyn Apartment Complex
SERVPRO Knows Best Practices in Brooklyn to Address Fire Damage That Ravages Apartment Buildings
Whenever a Brooklyn apartment fire occurs, many units may become impacted by the blaze and smoke, and soot damage. Even though the original apartment where the fire occurred will take on the most damage, surrounding units will usually call for smoke remediation efforts. SERVPRO responds fast to any fire restoration project, and we can handle any size task from a single stove fire to a more extensive emergency that impacts dozens of units.
For building owners, as soon as fire damage occurs in your Brooklyn apartment complex, give SERVPRO a call. We are ready to go 24-hours a day so that we can get started on your cleanup and restoration:
- A crew gets mobilized and dispatched within hours to inspect and assess the fire damage to your apartment building.
- The team creates an inventory of items and damage, reporting back to your insurance company. Items get split into two categories, those that are salvageable and those that require replacement.
- Containment barriers get constructed to keep debris and contamination from tracking into unaffected areas of the building.
Other things that a property owner or landlord should do after an apartment building fire include:
- Notify all tenants of the fire and proceed with caution as it may be hazardous to enter or move throughout the property.
- Try to determine the cause of the fire for insurance purposes and understand the best next steps.
- Inform your insurance company. SERVPRO also handles paperwork on your claim to help it move along.
- Capture images or video to help document damage.
- Secure your property – SERVPRO offers tarping and board up to keep out trespassers, vandals, and weather elements.
SERVPRO handles all fire-related projects with precision, including the unique requirements of an apartment blaze. Our IICRC-certified team uses suitable equipment and products to ensure everything gets cleaned, dried, restored, and deodorized to make it “Like it never even happened,” for your tenants. Call SERVPRO of Northwest Brooklyn today at (718) 522-4400.