Using a Hydroxyl Generator Help in Brooklyn Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration
SERVPRO helps Brooklyn residents with fire damage restoration
Brooklyn is an iconic New York neighborhood and is, in fact, the most populous neighborhood in New York.
European settlement in Brooklyn began more than 150 years ago. Brooklyn started life in the seventeenth century as a small town named Breuckelen that the Dutch settled. The area was a pivotal battle site, where the Battle of Brooklyn was fought in 1776. The British defeated the Americans at the battle, after which George Washington ordered troops to retreat to Manhattan, thus preventing further losses.
Brooklyn had a significant role in supplying materials for the American Civil War, and its supplies and ship-building facilities were beneficial to the Union. Throughout all this, Brooklyn remained a separately incorporated city and did not become part of the city of New York until the merger of 1898. Many long-time Brooklyn residents were opposed to the merger and called it the “great mistake of 1898.” Some old-timers still use this phrase today to express their pride in being Brooklyn-born!
Get a taste of the silver screen in Brooklyn
Brooklyn has provided a filming location for many famous shows and movies. Perhaps while you are visiting, you will spot some well-known sites from the silver screen. Some popular things filmed in Brooklyn include:
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is an iconic 1945 movie, for which James Dunn won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.
- 1977’s Saturday Night Fever, the famous John Travolta movie, is set in an Italian neighborhood in Brooklyn.
- She’s Gotta Have It is a Spike Lee movie from 1986 set in a Brooklyn neighborhood.
Brooklyn’s film history stretches back to Coney Island, a two-reel silent movie made in 1917. The movie was directed and produced by Fatty Arbuckle and starred Buster Keaton. It was filmed on Coney Island and even made use of some of the rides there, so you can visit Coney Island and see the filming locations. Brooklyn is also home to popular TV shows, including 2 Broke Girls and Brooklyn 99.
Enjoy some iconic food in Brooklyn
One of the things Brooklyn is best known for is its food! When you are in town, do not miss out on these iconic dishes:
- Junior’s Cheesecake has been famous since the 1950s. You can order online, but even better, why not visit Junior’s in person and try one of their many varieties?
- A steakhouse steak. Brooklyn is full of well-known steakhouses. One of the best is the Peter Luger Steakhouse, established in 1897.
- Nathan’s hotdogs. Nathan’s, on Coney Island, has been operating since 1916 and offers one of the most authentic dogs in Brooklyn, best enjoyed while strolling on the beach.
Why do we use hydroxyl generators in fire damage restoration?
SERVPRO can help with every aspect of fire remediation, from the initial assessment to cleaning up your home and removing debris.
We understand that your home will not feel right until we get rid of the smoky smell. We have many ways to deal with odors – hydroxyl generators are one of them. Hydroxyl generators:
- Create hydroxyl radicals, which break apart odor molecules.
- Are safe for use around people, plants, and pets.
- Can be used even if contents are wet (such as from fire hoses) without the risk of bleaching.
For fire damage restoration that leaves your home smelling good, call SERVPRO of Northwest Brooklyn at (718) 522-4400.