Why are Chemical Treatments not the Only Answer for Mold Removal?
Brooklyn Residents Need Mold Removal that Tackles the Problem from Different Angles
When it comes to keeping your Brooklyn home clean, it is easy to grab the nearest powerful cleaner to melt away dirt and grime. However, when it comes to fungal growth, you might need a different approach.
If you need mold removal in your Brooklyn home, the first step is to call SERVPRO. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster, and we are available 24 hours.
Why is it a bad idea to spray the mold with home cleaners?
Most home cleaning products are not designed to fight mold. They might help clean away surface mold contamination, but they do not tackle problems, such as:
- Mold growing inside affected materials
- Underlying moisture that allows the fungus to grow
- Loose mold spores escaping and starting new colonies in other parts of your home
It is also important to note that some cleaners, especially bleach-based ones, can provide more moisture and make mold growth worse.
What techniques does SERVPRO use to fight mold?
Our technicians use a range of techniques provided by the IICRC to fight mold:
- HEPA vacuuming to remove loose mold spores, and hoover fungus from dry non-porous surfaces such as glass and metal
- Damp wiping to clean mold that is growing in a layer of soil
- Sanding, damp wiping, wire scrubbing, and other abrasive methods for semi-porous surfaces such as concrete or wood
- Baking soda or dry ice blasting for larger areas of wood and brick
These techniques do not involve chemicals at all – even baking soda blasting uses completely natural ingredients, plus the added benefits of not introducing additional moisture to the treatment area.
Do we use any chemical treatments
Yes – we apply antimicrobial agents when needed. Our antimicrobial treatments are EPA-registered and designed to kill bacteria, mold, and mildew. We sometimes use wet fogging for deodorization – the fogging machine disperses odor-eating products in a fine mist.
Chemical treatments have their place in mold removal, but it is best to use them in conjunction with a range of other techniques for the best results. Our technicians know when to use each product and which safety precautions and personal protective equipment they should use.
For a mold removal service that nears total elimination, Mold Remediation Contractor License #: 00055, call SERVPRO of Northwest Brooklyn at (718) 522-4400.