Removing Flood Damage In Your Brooklyn Property
Removing Flooring Flood Damage in a Brooklyn Beauty Supply
According to the NFIP, businesses comprise only 5% of flood policies as of August 2019. While it could be tempting to cut costs, losses incurred by flooding can lead to more than just long-term damaged structures. Without professional mitigation, local businesses can lose significant amounts of revenue.
If your Brooklyn business has suffered flood damage, IICRC-certified SERVPRO technicians are available to help you 24/7. Disasters do not occur during regular business hours, so this team strives to help small business owners restore structures and get back to business as usual. Your local SERVPRO is actively involved with beneficial organizations like The Lion's Club, the American Red Cross, and many other drives and charities that seek to improve the community.
Assembling a Small Business Disaster Supply Kit
• Pack battery-powered essentials such as flashlights and radios to monitor disasters and navigate more safely.
• Keep a stock of non-perishable foods, including canned goods and calorie- and nutrient-dense granola and energy bars, as well as disposable utensils and a manual can opener.
• Make sure there is a gallon of water per person per day in your kit.
• Mylar blankets are another must-have in the event of the flooding-related disaster at your business.
• Personal hygiene items and first-aid materials are a must-have in your disaster supply kit. Be sure to have garbage bags handy to dispose of trash and maximize sanitation.
Keep emergency numbers and procedures available throughout your facilities, and go over evacuation routes and procedures with your employees to maximize safety for both your staff and customers. If you have special needs employees or clients, include special accommodations for them in your planning.
How SERVPRO Restores Businesses
If you have over 2 inches of standing water in your business, technicians can deploy submersible pumps to suck up water fast. Technicians can then use extraction wands to remove moisture in surfaces and wall cavities and prepare the space for disinfection and drying. Carpet and pad need to be removed from the facility to maximize safety.
If your beauty supply keeps merchandise like wigs and hair extensions on low shelves, these items may require removal as floodwaters contain microbes and other contaminants. If you need mold remediation after a flood, this SERVPRO team is licensed to address mold with EPA registered antimicrobial cleaners (#00055).
SERVPRO of Northwest Brooklyn can leave your business looking, “Like it never even happened.” Call (718) 522-4400 for a rapid disaster mitigation service that operates 24/7.
For more about Brooklyn click here.