Brooklyn Home in Need of TLC after a Fire? SERVPRO Provides the Love for a Fast and Efficient Restoration
Dealing with Fire and Odor Removal in Brooklyn
House fires in Brooklyn are traumatic events that leave renters and homeowners dealing with a mix of emotions. Throughout the upset, worry, and fear you feel, you need to know what do to next for fire and odor removal.
Our team at SERVPRO has put together a list of essential steps to take for efficient fire and odor removal in Brooklyn. These steps help you get your living space back in order by approaching the restoring process in a collected, calm manner.
- Speak with authorities to make sure it is safe to enter the home after the fire is extinguished. Your local fire department lets you know when all is sound and ready for you to go in to start the assessment process.
- Contact close family members to tell them about the fire and that everyone is safe and sound. You can then contact your insurance provider and a professional clean-up team. We can help you with your claim forms to expedite the start of the restoration. SERVPRO is available to help you get back into your living space professionally and efficiently, "Like it never even happened."
- See about getting a fire report from the fire department. This report details the fire, including the structure of the home, the location of the fire, date, and time. You may need to contact your local Brooklyn fire department to get a full copy of this report.
- Secure your property to make sure that it is not susceptible to robbery or vandalism. SERVPRO recommends boarding up your property until clean-up, and fire, and odor removal begins. We can executive this important service backed up by our Residential Contractor License #: 2015353DCA.
- Start in on the clean-up process, including both the interior and exterior. There is often fire damage that is undetectable to the naked eye. Hiring a team like SERVPRO helps you to achieve thorough cleaning of all spaces to remove smoke, soot, and odors that may be left behind. We can provide a well-planned cleanup of fire-damaged contents, mitigate on-going secondary damages, and allow you to be free of this stressful task.
SERVPRO of Northwest Brooklyn is here to help you when it is time for odor removal and fire damage. Give us a phone call today at (718) 522-4400, and we can set up a time to send technicians out for an assessment.